Webfluential creates opportunities for influencers to work with brands and share branded content with their audiences. We currently have over 2800 influencers, many of which have received campaign work, but some have not yet received their first brief. This blog post aims to identify some tips to ensure you can be shortlisted in the near future.
Most importantly, the likelihood that you have the time to sell your influencer services to brands is limited. Big brands don’t even know who you are, no chance they are going to let you in their door to do a pitch. Plus, you hate admin and paperwork, don’t even say the word invoice.
So you’ve done the smart thing as an online influencer and signed up with Webfluential. That way there is no paperwork, we handle the invoicing and we pay you. Even more important than that, you don’t have to come up with a pitch or even do the pitch, we do that for you too. We work on your behalf, often without you knowing it, and meet big brands on a daily basis, and we tell them why they should work with you.
We do all this, without you even having to ask us to.
Yet, it’s been a couple of weeks and still you haven’t received a single job offer. Now you want to know why you haven’t gotten any job offers yet?
In most cases the reasons for influencers not getting jobs through our platform is more or less the same. Thus it would be wise to break down some of the most common issues preventing you from getting your share of the $ 280,000 we have payed to influencers over the past 6 months.
7 Reasons you might not be getting Influencer jobs
- You have not completed your Webfluential profile. This first one is a really easy one to fix. Make sure your Webfluential profile is 100% completed. This means you have identified your target audience’s age groups, you’ve added the right keyword tags and that you have connected all the different platforms you use to your profile.
- Connecting platforms? That means you have Google Analytics on your blog and you connected your blog to your Webfluential profile. You also connected your Facebook page, your Twitter profile, your Instagram profile and your YouTube channel. All platforms that you can charge for.
- You have not set the price that you will charge for every platform. We make it really easy for you by telling you how much you should be charging. Obviously you can charge what you want, but if you stick closely to our guideline-prices you are way more likely to get all the monies into your pocket.
- You have NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content on your site or social media platforms. Sharing controversial content will obviously scare off a lot of brands that might have been thinking about using you as part of their influencer marketing strategy. A brand might not want to be associated with you, purely based on the content you produce and share.
- What is seen as NSFW content? Swearing like a sailor is certainly frowned upon by some. Scantily clad or naked people will also raise NSFW-flags. Off colour jokes, even though they are jokes, might make some people feel uncomfortable or offended. At the end of the day you can do as you please, but just keep in mind that controversial or NSFW content will certainly cause the jobs to be few and far between.
- You are not getting engagement on your content. Brands like to work with influencers that really have influence over their audience. For the brands it comes down to return on investment (ROI). If they are going to be paying you to do a job, they want to know that it is going to give them returns.
- If you tweet about something, does your audience actually believe what you are saying? If you share a link on Facebook, do people click on the link or just let it slide by in their timeline? When you blog about a cool product or an event, does your readers then actually go out and buy the product or a ticket to the event? Do you influence your audience’s actions and behaviour?
In the coming weeks we will be introducing you to some of the influencers that have received jobs from brands because they are signed up with Webfluential. You can have a look at how these influencers do what they do, and hopefully learn ways to get yourself your first job, or more jobs.
We are also going to start educating and helping you guys with how to be the ultimate influencer you can be. We will be sharing tips and tricks on how to increase your engagement, optimize your blog posts, create Facebook posts and tweets that leads to clicks, traffic and return on investment for the brands that have worked with you.
So login to your Webfluential account right now and check that everything is it should be. If you run into any problems or have any questions leave a comment. If comments are not your thing, we would love to hear from you on Twitter or Facebook.